Rubber Spider Coupling Characteristic:
1. Performance Shock Absorber
2. Low Compression Deformation
3. Corrosion Resistance
4. Oil Resistance
5. High Pressure Resistance
6. Wear Resistance
Rubber Material Compare
|E – Excellent G – Good F – Fair P – Poor|
|Compression Set Resistance||G||G||F||G||E||G||G||F||G||G||F|
We have a fully-equipped workshop that meets ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 requirements. All products are compliant
with FDA, WRAS, UL, RoHS and REACH standards, and meet DIN, JIS and ASTM regulations. Material report and dimension
checking report are available.
1. Quality Approvals. More than 15 years professional manufacture experience.
2. Experienced Staff and Service. Professional R&D team, production team, sales team, after-sales service team.
3. Product Performance and affordable cost. Superior performance with most competitive price.
4. Prompt Delivery. Faster delivery time.
5. Small Orders Accepted.
|Material||Rubber Metal Bonded, NR Rubber, SBR Rubber, Carbon Steel, Stailess Steel|
|Material Report||FDA, ROHS, UL, WRAS and REACH|
|Dimension||Standard Sizes or As per customers’ Requirement|
|Color||Any colors according to PANTONE or RAL|
|Surface Finish||Texture (VDI/MT standard, or made to client’s sample), polished (high polish, mirror polish), smooth, painting, powder coating, printing, electroplating etc.|
|Service||Custom Made or OEM and ODM|
|Production Ways||CAD Drawing, 3D Files or Samples|
|Production Capacity||200T,300T and 500T Compressing Molding, Injection Molding, Auto Vacuum Vulcanizing, Plastic Injection, and Extrusion|
|Supplying Capacity||One Million Pieces/ Month|
|Tolerance||Generally±0.05mm or Better|
|QC||PPAP, In House Control, Third Party Inspection Institution such SGS, TUV|
|Lead Time||15 Days for Molding, 15-20 Days for Series Production|
|Application||Industry Machinery,Automotive,Mechanical Equipment, Construction, House Application,
Grommet, sleeve, feet, gasket, wheel, bellow, cap, dust cover, pad, washer,
Strip, plug, stopper, grip, seal, bushing, bumper, blocks, and anti vibration mounts etc.
Supplying Standard and Customized Rubber & Plastic Parts
Established in 2004, Xihu (West Lake) Dis. Rubber is specialized in providing quality customized rubber molding,
extrusion parts, plastic injection products and some standard parts.
Meeting Various Standards
We have a fully-equipped workshop that meets ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 requirements.
Our products are compliant with FDA, WRAS, UL, RoHS and REACH standards, and meet DIN, JIS
, BS and ASTM regulations.
Parts include, but are not limited to:
Grommet, sleeve, feet, gasket, wheel, bellow, cap, dust cover, pad, washer, Strip, plug, stopper, grip,
seal, bushing, bumper, blocks, and anti vibration mounts etc.
1. What types of rubber do you use?
Xihu (West Lake) Dis. Rubber has extensive experience in a vast range of rubber, including: Natural Rubber, SBR, CR, NBR, HNBR,
EPDM, Silicone Rubber, FPM, ACM, FK etc.
2. What types of plastic do you use?
Xihu (West Lake) Dis. Rubber has extensive experience in a vast range of plastics, including: ABS, Polypropylene (PP), PVC, POM,
PE, PEEK, Polyamide (PA) Nylons, PBT, etc.
3. What services do you provide?
We offer a broad range of services, including, Custom Rubber Molding, Liquid Injection Molding, Rubber Extrusion, and
Rubber/Plastic to Metal Bonded Parts.
4. Why us?
4.1 More than 15 years professional manufacture experience.
4.2 Professional R&D team, production team, sales team, after-sales service team.
4.3 Superior performance with most competitive price.
4.4 Faster delivery time.
5. Perfect quality control process
5.1 Raw material inspection
All raw materials before warehousing must be tested, and the corresponding physical property report shall be issued,
and compared with the physical property report of raw materials. Only when the test values of the 2 physical property
reports are consistent, can they be warehoused.
5.2 Mold inspection
After mold development or cleaning, we will check the full size of the mold to ensure that the quality of each cavity is
5.3 Product inspection
In the process of product production, inspectors regularly inspect the semi-finished products to ensure the rationality
of the process and control the defective rate within a reasonable range.
5.4 Finished product inspection
The double inspection can ensure that the product appearance and size are 100% qualified.
Can a spider coupling handle high levels of torque and angular misalignment?
Yes, a spider coupling is designed to handle a range of torque levels and accommodate angular misalignment. The elastomeric spider element, which is a key component of the coupling, provides the flexibility needed to transmit torque and compensate for misalignment. Here’s how a spider coupling handles these factors:
- High Torque: Spider couplings are engineered to transmit torque efficiently. The elastomeric spider deforms slightly under torque load, allowing it to transfer power between the shafts. The specific torque capacity depends on the design, materials, and size of the coupling. High-performance spider couplings can handle significant torque loads, making them suitable for various industrial applications.
- Angular Misalignment: Spider couplings can accommodate angular misalignment between the connected shafts. The elastomeric spider can flex in different directions, allowing for a certain degree of angular deviation between the shafts. This flexibility helps prevent excessive stress on the shafts and components, enhancing the coupling’s lifespan and reliability.
However, it’s important to note that while spider couplings can handle a range of torque levels and angular misalignment, there are limitations to how much misalignment they can compensate for. Excessive misalignment can lead to premature wear and reduced coupling performance. It’s recommended to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for allowable misalignment and torque capacity to ensure optimal coupling performance and longevity.
Are there any recent advancements or innovations in spider coupling technology?
Yes, there have been several recent advancements and innovations in spider coupling technology aimed at enhancing their performance, durability, and versatility. Some of the notable advancements include:
- Advanced Materials: Manufacturers are using new elastomeric materials that offer improved resistance to wear, temperature fluctuations, and chemicals. These materials extend the lifespan of spider couplings and broaden their range of applications.
- Enhanced Designs: Innovative design improvements are being made to optimize torque transmission, misalignment compensation, and vibration dampening. These designs aim to provide better coupling performance in various operating conditions.
- Customization: Some manufacturers offer customizable spider couplings to match specific application requirements. This includes tailoring the coupling’s stiffness, torque capacity, and damping characteristics to suit different machinery and industries.
- Smart Couplings: Integration of sensors and monitoring technology into spider couplings allows real-time data collection on factors such as temperature, vibration, and load distribution. This data helps in predictive maintenance and optimizing equipment performance.
- Composite Couplings: Composite materials are being utilized in spider couplings to provide a balance between lightweight design, high strength, and corrosion resistance. These couplings find applications in industries where weight reduction and durability are critical.
- Energy Efficiency: Some spider couplings are designed with energy efficiency in mind, aiming to reduce power losses due to damping while maintaining reliable torque transmission.
These advancements demonstrate the ongoing efforts to enhance spider coupling technology, making them more adaptable to modern machinery requirements. As technology continues to evolve, spider couplings are becoming increasingly sophisticated and capable of meeting the challenges posed by various industries and applications.
What are the advantages of using a spider coupling in industrial applications?
Spider couplings offer several advantages that make them a popular choice for various industrial applications. Here are the key advantages:
- Misalignment Compensation: Spider couplings can accommodate angular, axial, and parallel misalignments between connected shafts. This ability to compensate for misalignment reduces stress on components and extends equipment lifespan.
- Flexibility: The elastomeric spider provides flexibility that allows for slight movements between the shafts. This flexibility helps prevent excessive wear, reduces vibration transmission, and minimizes the risk of component failure.
- Vibration Dampening: The elastomeric material of the spider acts as a shock absorber, dampening vibrations generated by rotating machinery. This can lead to improved equipment performance, reduced noise, and enhanced operator comfort.
- Easy Installation: Spider couplings have a simple design with minimal components, making them easy to install and replace. Their design eliminates the need for precise alignment during installation, saving time and effort.
- Torque Transmission: Spider couplings efficiently transmit torque from one shaft to another, ensuring that power is effectively transferred between connected components.
- Minimal Maintenance: Spider couplings require minimal maintenance due to their self-lubricating and wear-resistant elastomeric material. This reduces downtime and maintenance costs for industrial machinery.
- Compact Design: Spider couplings have a compact and lightweight design, making them suitable for applications where space is limited. Their small size allows for easy integration into various systems.
- Cost-Effective: Spider couplings are relatively inexpensive compared to other coupling types, making them a cost-effective solution for a wide range of industrial applications.
- Electric Insulation: In applications where electrical isolation is important, spider couplings made from electrically insulating materials can prevent the transmission of electrical currents between shafts.
- Wide Range of Sizes: Spider couplings are available in various sizes and configurations to accommodate different shaft diameters and torque requirements.
Due to these advantages, spider couplings are commonly used in industries such as manufacturing, automation, packaging, material handling, and more, where flexibility, misalignment compensation, and efficient torque transmission are essential for optimal equipment performance.
editor by CX 2023-08-22